Dec 7, 2012

A day that will live in infamy, Dec. 7, 1941

On my way to work this morning I couldn't help but think about that morning 71 years ago. As I looked at the sky I could see the planes filling the sky. I could imagine the turmoil as the sound of bombs dropping... guns shooting... people screaming... it gave me chicken skin just to be in the same place at the same time of day when the world changed forever was almost too overwhelming for me.
I've been told that the building that I work in was actually hit by bullets during the attack. I wanted to share a few photos of the Arizona before, after, and now...

 Before the attack
 After the attack
This is an aerial view of the Arizona today.
I heard an interesting fact about those men on the Arizona on that day in infamy... there were 26 sets of brothers on that ship. Because of that, no two brothers were able to serve on the same ship thereafter.
God bless those who entombed in this ship beneath the water, may they rest in peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Don't Carry Tales from Pinup Girl (1944)

From Twice Blessed (1945)

Cadance is wonderful!!!