Sep 13, 2012

September 13, 1942

Paving crew during WWII, Marshfield, Oregon, September, 1942.
  Left to Right:  Barbara Booth, Florence Iverson, Oleta Wagner, Barbara Foster, Leo Kerber, Vernieta Dougherty, Edith McLyman, Lucille Hennessey.
 
 With so much going on in our world today, I decided to just 'google' Sept. 13, 1942 just to see what was happening in the 40's. The very first thing I came across was an article on female road matienace workers. I've read so much about the 'Rosies' but I never thought about who really would be maintaining our roads, water works, electrical services, and all the other 'civil' type engineering areas. This article has spurred my interest. I've got to find out more!!! I'll let you know what I find.
 
Female construction worker spreading oil by hand, 1940s


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Don't Carry Tales from Pinup Girl (1944)

From Twice Blessed (1945)

Cadance is wonderful!!!