Mar 17, 2012

The Help (2011)





An aspiring author during the civil rights movement of the 1960s decides to write a book detailing the African-American maids' point of view on the white families for which they work, and the hardships they go through on a daily basis.

I LOVED this movie!!! Having grown up during this time period, I was aware of what was happening around our nation, but I didn't realize who different things were in the South. I was raised in Ohio were we didn't have 'help'. The acting in this movie was outstanding, the story a wonderful one, but the thing I took away from it the most is that once we recognize OUR truth, we will be free. I'm only sorry I didn't watch this sooner... "I know where I'm going because I know where I've been"



Cast:
Emma Stone, Viola Davis, Bryce Dallas Howard, Octavia Spencer, Jessica Chastain, Ahna O'Reilly, Allison Janney, Anna Camp, Cicely Tyson, Mike Vogel, Sissy Spacek
 
Genre:
Drama
 
Suzianne's rating:
 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Don't Carry Tales from Pinup Girl (1944)

From Twice Blessed (1945)

Cadance is wonderful!!!