Feb 20, 2012

Creating a 40s Hairstyle

I have always loved Jane Wyman's short do that she wears in most of her movies. So I went about the internet searching how I could re-create that style to make it my own. I'm not sure if my hair is long enough yet to do the pin curls, but I'm hoping.


This is how I envision the back to look.

Here are a few tips that I found on creating pin curls:


Of all the 1940’s hairstyles, this is probably one of the most stylish.  Begin by washing hair the night before and letting it air dry until it is damp. To set your hair in pin curls, comb damp hair and part into small sections. You’re going to pin each curl with a standard bobby pin, so sections must be small. Wind each curl around your finger smoothly. Pin each curl in place with a bobby pin. I have also read that you are to make one curl clockwise and the next counterclockwise.


Gently tie a silk scarf around your hair before going to bed. Sleeping on pin curls will take some getting used to, but the results are worth it. In the morning, remove pins and gently finger comb your hair. If you use a hairbrush, don’t overdo it, or you’ll brush the curl out.  Letting pin curls fall loose from a side part was one of the sexiest 1940’s hairstyles. 

As soon as my hair grows out just a little more I'll post photos of how this style looks on me :)

3 comments:

Santanu Mondal said...

Nice content about hair ..Thanks for sharing girl hair cutting style name

June 4, 2019 at 6:38 AM
Ujan sharma said...

I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work!

girl hair cutting style name

July 17, 2019 at 12:43 AM
dailyupdate said...

Thanks for sharing this useful content with us.
হেয়ার স্টাইল

December 27, 2019 at 6:04 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Don't Carry Tales from Pinup Girl (1944)

From Twice Blessed (1945)

Cadance is wonderful!!!